Coronavirus: Download a template if you're claiming for 16 or more employees through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Complete a template with the details of the employees you're claiming for and upload this when you claim (for claims on or after 1 July 2020).
If you’re claiming on or after 1 July 2020 for 16 or more employees, you’ll need to upload a file containing the following information for each employee:
- full name
- National Insurance number (or payroll reference number if you do not have this)
- payroll reference number (sometimes called a pay identify or staff number)
- furlough start and end date (using the format DD/MM/YYYY)
- full amount claimed (pounds and pence)
- normal hours (using decimals, for example 7.5)
- actual hours worked (using decimals)
- furloughed hours (using decimals)
You must upload the template in .xlsx or .csv format when you claim. If you already have the claim forms saved in a different format (such as .xls or .ods), you must save them again as .xlsx or .csv files. The other formats are no longer accepted.
Your template may be rejected if you do not give the information in the right format. If your template is rejected, you'll see a message on the screen and your claim will not be processed.
You’ll need to ensure that you:
- provide only the employee information requested here - you might be asked again or your template may be rejected
- submit one line per employee for the whole period
- do not break up the calculation into multiple periods within the claim
- do not split data by contract type (for example, those paid weekly and monthly should be claimed for together)
- do not provide more or less columns than needed
- upload your file as an .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .ods using a template provided by HMRC when you claim
First published 19 June 2020