Pay increase for agricultural workers from April 2021
Proposed increases to the minimum wage rates for agricultural workers has been announced by the Agricultural Wages Board (AWB)
The AWB for Northern Ireland has proposed to increase existing minimum wage rates for agricultural workers for all grades by 1 per cent from 1 April 2021.
New proposed minimum wage rates for agricultural workers
- Grade 1 - Minimum rate, applicable for the first 40 weeks cumulative employment - £6.95 per hour
- Grade 2 - Standard worker - £7.49 per hour
- Grade 3 - Lead worker - £8.91 per hour
- Grade 4 - Craft Grade - £9.58 per hour
- Grade 5 - Supervisory Grade - £10.09 per hour
- Grade 6 - Farm Management Grade - £10.95 per hour
Should the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage, as applicable, become higher than the hourly rates set out above then the hourly or other minimum rate will default to the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage, whichever applies.
The AWB will meet again on 12 March 2021 to consider any objections to the proposals and may make an Order to give effect to the new rates and other amendments which would come into operation on 1 April 2021.