HR documents and templates
Managing absence templates
Managing staff absence is a frequent and critical element to good people management within a business.
Absence causes difficulties both for the person who is absent and for the organisation. For small organisations in particular, where there are limited resources to cover and cope with the direct and indirect costs of an absence, it can be very disruptive.
Manage absence guidance
Further best practice advice and guidance to help your manage staff absence is included in the Invest Northern Ireland Employers' Handbook Section 19: Managing absence (PDF, 98K).
Manage absence templates
Sample templates are included in this section on managing staff absence that you can download and adapt specifically for your business purposes including:
- return to work interview format (DOC, 13K)
- example letter to employee seeking consent for a medical report from employee's GP (DOC, 14K)
- consent form for access to medical reports (DOC, 13K)
- summary of employee rights under the Access to Personal Files and Medical Reports (NI) Order 1991 (DOC, 15K)
- request to employee's GP for medical assessment (DOC, 15K)
- sample letter to an occupational health doctor requesting opinion on fitness for work (DOC, 14K)