Complain against an insolvency practitioner or the Insolvency Service



The Insolvency Service is responsible for administering and investigating the affairs of partnerships and companies wound up by the High Court as well as those of bankrupt individuals.  It is also responsible for investigating the conduct of directors in failed companies and, where appropriate, taking disqualification proceedings.

If you are not happy with the way the Insolvency Service handled your case or are dissatisfied with the services you received, you should submit a formal complaint to the Insolvency Service. If they fail to resolve your complaint sufficiently, you may be able to make a formal complaint to the relevant complaints commissioner. See complaints against the Insolvency Service.

You can also make a formal complaint if you are not happy about the conduct of an insolvency practitioner (IP) - either directly to the IP concerned, or to the appropriate authorising body.

This guide explains the complaints process for both the Insolvency Service and an IP.

Developed with:
  • Department for the Economy