How to use heating and hot water systems efficiently
Energy assessments for heating and hot water systems
You could save energy and money by arranging a regular energy assessment of your building's heating system efficiency. This should focus on:
- Boiler selection and system design - do you have the right type of boiler, and are your heating and hot water systems optimised for your property?
- System controls - are they working properly?
It is recommended that you have your system assessed if it has a capacity of more than 20 kilowatts, or is more than 15 years old.
After the assessment, your engineer will give you:
- an energy efficiency checklist
- an efficiency comparison of your existing system compared with a new one
- an assessment as to whether your system is the right size for your building
You can find an accredited energy assessor by contacting specialist organisations such as the Heating and Ventilating Contractors Association (HVCA) or the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Invest NI Helpline0800 181 4422