Help and support for exporting
In-market support for exporting
Once you are established in your business in a chosen market there are numerous support schemes to provide ongoing support.
Department for International Trade in-market support
Eligible UK businesses can access trade expertise and knowledge on exporting to specific countries from the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) global network of international market hubs.
Businesses referred to a regional hub can expect to receive:
- one-to-one advice from an in-market trade adviser who can help businesses consider their next steps
- access to a wide range of sector reports, market intelligence, and guides related to things to consider on exporting to those markets
- introductions to a network of private sector service providers to help businesses with issues on a commercial basis, including local accountants, legal experts, and sector specialists
To be considered for support, businesses should have a:
- turnover of £500,000 or more
- product or service ready to export
Businesses should also have some experience of exporting already and be looking to enter or expand to a new market.
Trade Advisory Service
The Trade Advisory Service provides businesses with tailored export consultancy from Invest Northern Ireland advisors based in overseas markets. For information on the Trade Advisory Service call the Invest NI Business Support Team helpline on Tel 0800 181 4422.
UK Tradeshow Programme
UK businesses exporting, or thinking about exporting, can apply for support to:
- exhibit at, or attend, approved overseas trade shows and conferences
- potentially receive grants to offset some costs
Applications to exhibit at overseas trade shows opened on 29 November 2021. Applications to attend overseas trade shows (without exhibiting) opened in January 2022.