Choose an insurance adviser for your business

Problems with your insurance adviser


The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is an independent service set up to help settle individual disputes between consumers and financial companies. The service is confidential and free to consumers, but you must complain to the company first before the FOS can look at your case. If you are unable to resolve your grievance with the company directly, then you should seek advice from the FOS.

Find out how to make a complaint to a financial company with the FOS.

You do not have to accept any decision the FOS makes but if you do accept an ombudsman's decision, it is binding on both you and the company.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is an independent body that regulates the financial services industry in the UK, including insurance. Read further guidance on how to make a complaint to the FCA.