Owed money from a bankrupt or a company in liquidation

Making a bankruptcy or company liquidation claim


If you have been contacted by the official receiver (OR) or insolvency practitioner (IP) who is acting as the trustee/liquidator, then they already have a note of your claim. If you contacted the OR/IP, your details will have been added to the list of creditors.

You will be sent a proof of debt form to complete and return if the OR/IP intends to make a payment to creditors or hold a meeting of creditors. The information you provide helps the OR/IP confirm that you are a genuine creditor and the amount you are owed.

Access the Department for the Economy (DfE) insolvency forms.