Employment agencies and employment businesses: record keeping
Employment Agency Inspectorate: prosecutions
The Employment Agency Inspectorate (EAI) can refer cases for prosecution where a person breaches the requirements of the 1981 Order or Conduct Regulations while running an employment agency or employment business.
This can include anyone who:
- breaches the ban on charging fees to workers
- fails to comply with any of the conduct regulations
- makes, causes to be made, or knowingly allows false entries to be made in any record or document that has to be kept under the 1981 Order or Conduct Regulations
- doesn't comply with a prohibition order without a reasonable excuse
In addition, any person who obstructs an officer in carrying out their duty will be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding £1,000.
A prohibition order may either:
- prevent a person from running an employment agency or business, or any version of these specified in the order
- impose conditions under which they may be allowed to run an employment agency or business
Employment Agency Inspectorate Helpline028 9025 7796